Dual Layer FBE Coating (UV Resistant Overcoat)
STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Dual layer coated pipes are manufactured according the following standards:
- CSA Z245.20
- AWWA C 213
- IS 3589 Annexure C
Long term corrosion & weathering protection:
- Base coat of fusion bonded epoxy has excellent adhesion to steel & provides long term corrosion protection to steel pipelines operating over a wide range of temperatures.
- Provides excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment.
- Top coat of Fusion bonded polyester provides U V protection & protection from harsh weather conditions for the designed lifespan.
- Coating has been designed for good chemical resistance under various installation conditions.
- Internal coating of fusion bonded epoxy helps in corrosion protection and provides a smooth surface thereby increasing “C” value.
Long Working Life:
- Customized Solutions
- Dual layer external coating and FBE internal lining can be applied from diameters 300 mm to 3000 mm with lengths of up to 12m.
- Bends (Elbows), Tees, reducers, couplers can be coated with same coating.
- Available in green, blue, red and yellow colors.
- Coating life expectancy of above 75 years.
- High productivity rate enabling quicker availability of coated pipe on site.
- Protection over a wide temperature range.
- Ability to be stored & used in all climatic conditions.
Long term adhesion to steel.
- Resistance to UV radiation & rain.
- High resistance to cathodic disbondment.
- High Gloss and smooth coatings gives pleasant appearance.
- Provides enhanced corrosion resistant properties.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Excellent electrical insulation.
- Low water absorption.
- Pinhole free homogeneous coating.
- 100% Solvent free- environmentally friendly and no risk of solvent entrapment.
Dual layer coated pipes are used for above ground exposed pipelines. These dual layer coatings provide excellent long term corrosion protection & very good resistance to cathodic disbondment. The coating also withstands the harsh weather conditions, be it harsh UV radiation, pollution or heavy rains. These pipes are manufactured Dual layer coated pipes are used in the following applications where the pipes are installed above ground.
- Drinking water pipelines.
- Oil and gas pipelines (Only external dual layer coating).
- In plant process water applications.
- Diameter range 300mm to 3000 mm
- Pipe length 6 m to 12 m
- Operating temperature range -40o C to 80o C
- Internal lining: Maximum up to 750 microns
- External coating: Maximum up to 750 microns