3 Layer Polyethylene Coating and FBE Lining on Steel pipes
STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
3LPE coated and fusion bonded epoxy internally lined pipes are manufactured according the following standards:
- CSA Z245.21
- DIN 30670
- AWWA C 213
- IS 3589 Annexure
- 3LPE Coating prevents steel pipe from corrosion.
- Because of smooth internal 3LPE lining, encrustation is avoided.
- Excellent chemical resistance properties.
- Internal coating of fusion bonded epoxy helps in corrosion protection and provides a smooth surface thereby increasing “C” value.
Long Working Life:
- Pipe has constant performance characteristics through out the life span. Service life of more than 75 years.
Low Frictional Coefficient:
- Hazen Williams coefficient or ‘C’ value is 150 which stay constant through out the life of the pipe.
- Less frictional losses because of high ‘C’ value compared to other pipe linings.
- “3LPE external coating and fusion bonded epoxy internal lining can be applied from diameters 300 mm to 3000 mm with lengths of up to 12m.
- Bends (Elbows), Tees, reducers, couplers can be coated with same coating.
- Internal FBE available in green, blue, red and yellow colors.
- Coating life expectancy of above 75 years.
- High productivity rate enabling quicker availability of coated pipe on site.
- Protection over a wide temperature range
- High adhesion to steel.
- High resistance to cathodic disbondment.
- High Gloss and smooth coatings gives pleasant appearance.
- Provides enhanced corrosion resistant properties.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Excellent electrical insulation.
- Low water absorption.
- Pinhole free homogeneous coating.
- 100% Solvent free- environmentally friendly and no risk of solvent entrapment.
3 layer polyethylene coated and fusion bonded epoxy lined pipes are used for buried or submerged pipelines. These coated and lined steel pipes have excellent long term corrosion resistance & very good resistance to cathodic disbondment.
3 layer polyethylene coated and fusion bonded epoxy lined pipes are used in the following applications where the pipes are either buried or submerged:
- Drinking water pipelines.
- Oil and gas pipelines
- Sewage and waste water applications
- In plant process water applications