Dual Layer FBE Coating (UV Resistant Overcoat)
STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Dual Layer fusion bonded epoxy coated pipes are manufactured according the following standards:
- CSA Z245.20
- ISO 21809-6
- IS 3589 Annex C
FEATURES OF DUAL LAYER FBE COATED PIPES
Long term corrosion & weathering protection:
- Base coat of Fusion bonded epoxy has excellent adhesion to steel & provides long term corrosion protection to steel pipelines operating over a wide range of temperatures.
- Provides excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment.
- Top coat of Fusion bonded polyester provides U V protection & protection from harsh weather conditions for the designed lifespan.
- Coating has been designed for good chemical resistance under various installation conditions.
- Ability to be stored & used in all climatic conditions.
- Resistance to UV radiation & rain.
High Bond Strength:
- The FBE coating is bonded firmly to the mild steel pipe surface and the mean adhesion strength is 125 kg/cm² (ASTM D 4541).
Long Working Life:
- Pipe has constant performance characteristics through out the life span. Service life of more than 75 years.
- Dual Layer FBE coating can be applied from diameters 25 mm to 3000 mm with lengths of up to 12m.
- Bends (Elbows), Tees, reducers, couplers can be coated with same coating.
- Available in blue, red and yellow colors.
Dual layer coated steel pipes are used in the following applications where the pipes are installed above ground:
- Drinking water pipelines.
- Oil and gas pipelines
- In plant process water applications
Dual layer coatings are also used on pipelines which areto be kept exposed to sunlight for an extended period of time.
- Diameter range 25 mm to 3000 mm
- Pipe length 6 m to 12 m
- Operating temperature range -40o C to 100o C
- Coating thickness Max up to 750 microns