Dual Layer FBE Coating (UV Resistant Overcoat)
STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Fusion bonded epoxy coated pipes are manufactured according the following standards:
- CSA Z245.20
- AWWA C 213
- IS 3589 Annex C
- ISO 21809-2
FEATURES OF FBE COATED PIPES
- FBE Coating prevents steel pipe from corrosion.
- Excellent chemical resistance properties and resistance to cathodic disbondment.
High Bond Strength:
- The FBE coating is bonded firmly to the mild steel pipe surface and the mean adhesion strength is 125 kg/cm² (ASTM D 4541).
Long Working Life:
- Pipe has constant performance characteristics through out the life span. Service life of more than 75 years.
- BE coating can be applied from diameters 25 mm to 3000 mm with lengths of up to 12m.
- FBE coating are applied in powder form. There is no need for resin hardener.
FBE coating is an industry standard in corrosion protective coatings. It is environmentally-safe thermo setting polymer coating which is used as corrosion protection for pipe valves and fittings. Typical coating application temperatures are usually in the range of 180° C to 250° C (360° F to 480° F). When the FBE is applied to the pre-heated pipe with the help of electrostatic spraying machine, the FBE film wets and flows onto the steel surface and soon becomes a solid coating by chemical cross-linking.
FBE coated steel pipes are used in the following applications where the pipes are either buried or submerged:
- Drinking water pipelines.
- Oil and gas pipelines.
- In plant process water applications.
- Diameter range 25 mm to 3000 mm.
- Pipe length 6 m to 12 m.
- Operating temperature range -40o C to 100o C.
- Coating thickness Maximum up to 750 microns.