3 Layer Polyethylene Coating and FBE Lining on Steel pipes
FEATURES OF 3LPE COATED PIPES
Corrosion Resistance :
- 3LPE Coating prevents steel pipe from corrosion.
- Excellent chemical resistance properties and resistance to cathodic disbondment.
- 3LPE Coating has got good resistance to moisture permeability.
Mechanical Protection :
- Top coat of polyethylene prevents abrasion and damage to fusion bonded epoxy during handling.
- Polyethylene topcoat permits use of local material without relying on specific backfilling material.
High Bond Strength :
- The external and internal 3LPE coating and lining is bonded firmly to the mild steel pipe surface and the mean adhesion strength is 125 kg/cm² (ASTM D 4541).
Long Working Life :
- Pipe has constant performance characteristics through out the life span. Service life of more than 75 years.
Customized Solutions :
- 3LPE external coating can be applied from diameters 25 mm to 3000 mm with lengths of up to 12m.
3LPE coated steel pipes are used in the following applications where the pipes are either buried or submerged:
- Drinking water pipelines.Oil and gas pipelines
- In plant process water applications
STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS
3LPE pipes are manufactured according to the following standards:
- DIN 30670
- CSA Z245.21
- ISO 21809-1
- Diameter range 25 mm to 3000 mm
- Pipe length 6 m to 12 m
- Operating temperature range -40o C to 80o C
- Coating thickness Maximum up to 4.2 mm