Dual Layer FBE Coating (Abrasion Resistant Overcoat)
STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Dual Layer fusion bonded epoxy coated pipes are manufactured according the following standards:
- CSA Z245.20
- ISO 21809-6
- IS 3589 Annex C
FEATURES OF DUAL LAYER ARO COATED PIPES
Long term corrosion & weathering protection:
- Base coat of fusion bonded epoxy has excellent adhesion to steel & provides long term corrosion protection to steel pipelines operating over a wide range of temperatures.
- Provides excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment.
- Top coat of tough abrasion resistant FBE provides protection from abrasion and physical damage to the base coat due to handling, transportation and installation.
- Coating has been designed for good chemical resistance under various installation conditions.
High Bond Strength :
- The coating is bonded firmly to the mild steel pipe surface and the mean adhesion strength is 125 kg/cm² (ASTM D 4541).
Long Working Life :
- Pipe has constant performance characteristics through out the life span. Service life of more than 75 years.
Customized Solutions :
- Dual Layer ARO coating can be applied from diameters 25 mm to 3000 mm with lengths of up to 12m.
- Bends (Elbows), Tees, reducers, couplers can be coated with same coating.
High Impact Resistance & Flexibility:
- Dual layer ARO coating has good impact resistance to protect against damages during handling in transportation or use.
- Toughness of the ARO coating ensures the coating withstands the vibrations form overhead traffic
Dual layer ARO coated steel pipes are used in the following applications where the pipes are either buried or submerged:
- Drinking water pipelines.
- Oil and gas pipelines
- In plant process water applications
- Diameter range 25 mm to 3000 mm
- Pipe length 6 m to 12 m
- Operating temperature range -40o C to 100o C
- Coating thickness Maximum up to 750 microns